|
 Europe
Consoles wants your opinion!
The Consoles Sports League is the biggest gaming platform for console gamers in Europe. Step by step, the platform improved and became a part of the community, at least in Germany. We want to make Consoles EU your home and therefore we need your opinion. How can we improve Consoles? Tell us your what you think needs to be changed.

How to improve Consoles?

We exctly know how much potential there is in the European or even International section of Consoles, but the activity has not been the best so far. However, we are looking into a bright future after having picked up Brian 'qntm' Kraemer as the new Community Manager for Consoles EU. Together with your help, he will build the section up and make CSL EU a success. But it's even more important that you feel home here. We want to make it as comfortable as possible for you and this is exactly why we need your thoughts!

How can we improve Consoles EU?

Tell us whatever you think should be changed to make playing more comfortable here. Please leave some comments under the news to help us. We will try to realize as many as possible and as fast as possible.


Admins Wanted

Do you want to support your favorite game? Do you want to be a part of the biggest gaming community in Europe? Then you should definitely apply for an admin position. You can help to improve the cup and league offer as well as make sure that the entire section runs smoothly. A nice team of friendly gamers is waiting for you in the admin staff. Share your passion with other players and bring your game on the next leve. If you are interested in becoming an admin just click the graphic or push here. We would like to welcome you in our team soon!




Apply here!



Become a Fan of Consoles

Support the Consoles Sports League by following our social media Accounts.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

qntm, Tuesday, 18/09/12 11:53
 
comments (12)
 
 
we told you x-times, that your matchmaker is so BAD ... take a look at gamebattles.
It is so EASY to get a match.

Where is the problem to do the same ?

Matches are the CORE of this concept, so why is there no focus to make for the player easy way to find matches ?!

Construct a page, where easylie is seen in which ladder (for example Modern Warfare 3) are anounced matches, without switching through every ladder.

Just like gamebattles ... there is not much to say
Like DaVinci says.
DaVinci wrote:
we told you x-times, that your matchmaker is so BAD ... take a look at gamebattles.
It is so EASY to get a match.

Where is the problem to do the same ?

Matches are the CORE of this concept, so why is there no focus to make for the player easy way to find matches ?!

Construct a page, where easylie is seen in which ladder (for example Modern Warfare 3) are anounced matches, without switching through every ladder.

Just like gamebattles ... there is not much to say


Maybe enough emphasis isn't put on the Matchmaker as it could, but the matchmaker is far from broken.

I believe a dedicated page to the matchmaker to increase match visibility could be a good idea. However comparing consoles to Gamebattles is far from what Consoles staff require. There are many aspects where Consoles out does GB. cMRS for a start is horrible, at least here you have a dedicated admin squad to help you with each and every dispute.

If the matchmaker was made more visible, and was easier to see/accept matches, would you use it more?
As a gamer, I started to play here at CSL in 2006. There was no EU ladder, just the German ladder and it was fun, there was a lot of activity, ladders with 100, 200, 300 players and it was great to compete against the best players from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc... When CSL EU was created I wasn't allowed to compete in the german ladders anymore and there was no activity and competition in the EU ladder, so I stoped using CSL.

The creation of CSL EU was a good thing? From my point of view I would answer "Yes, but not in the right time". If you look at ESL they all have their national pages, why don't we do the same at CSL?

If you go to ESL you have a list of all the countries:
http://static.gamebattles.com/gb/community/photos/2012/09/83161_1347969438.png
If you come to CSL it looks like you have Germany, France and other "Shit" small countries:
http://static.gamebattles.com/gb/community/photos/2012/09/83161_1347969438.png
If you give some special treat to some countries and treat like "trash" other countries, why would we care about CSL? If you go to gamebattles, all the players from all over the world have the same treatment, no matter where they are from.

Here at CSL we have the advantage of creating national tournaments, something that not event Gamebattles is able to do. And I think that should be the key of CSL success, try to have as many countries as you can in here by creating their own country pages, by inviting there best teams to compete in here. I believe if we do that and If we can have the best teams competing here, the rest of the teams from their countries will follow them.

Look at ESL as an example, as soon as you have activity in the national ladders, you will have activity at CSL EU. Create some nation cups, like olympics, make each country vote for their best players, make them join their country national team and play for their own country!

Try to get some partnerships with some European LAN tournaments like EGL, DreamHack, etc and create some qualifiers, were the prize could be a discount or even a free entrance for the winning team, at their event.

Try to have shoot outs / playoffs every 2/3 months, that will make people active. For me, it is not fun to play a ladder if it doesn't have a playoff in the end. I can be in 1st place in the ladder beacuse I haven't played the best players in the ladder, but I can't be a playoff champion with out facing the best players in the ladder, or at least some of the best.

I think CSL has a lot of potential and can grow a lot if you get the right people on board, I really would love to see CSL in a few years with 16 or more country pages, with national qualifiers for the European Finals at some CSL LAN Event somewhere in Europe.

This is just my opinion. Best regards,

Lourenço.
Lourenco wrote:
As a gamer, I started to play here at CSL in 2006. There was no EU ladder, just the German ladder and it was fun, there was a lot of activity, ladders with 100, 200, 300 players and it was great to compete against the best players from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc... When CSL EU was created I wasn't allowed to compete in the german ladders anymore and there was no activity and competition in the EU ladder, so I stoped using CSL.

The creation of CSL EU was a good thing? From my point of view I would answer "Yes, but not in the right time". If you look at ESL they all have their national pages, why don't we do the same at CSL?

If you go to ESL you have a list of all the countries:
http://static.gamebattles.com/gb/community/photos/2012/09/83161_1347969438.png
If you come to CSL it looks like you have Germany, France and other "Shit" small countries:
http://static.gamebattles.com/gb/community/photos/2012/09/83161_1347969438.png
If you give some special treat to some countries and treat like "trash" other countries, why would we care about CSL? If you go to gamebattles, all the players from all over the world have the same treatment, no matter where they are from.

Here at CSL we have the advantage of creating national tournaments, something that not event Gamebattles is able to do. And I think that should be the key of CSL success, try to have as many countries as you can in here by creating their own country pages, by inviting there best teams to compete in here. I believe if we do that and If we can have the best teams competing here, the rest of the teams from their countries will follow them.

Look at ESL as an example, as soon as you have activity in the national ladders, you will have activity at CSL EU. Create some nation cups, like olympics, make each country vote for their best players, make them join their country national team and play for their own country!

Try to get some partnerships with some European LAN tournaments like EGL, DreamHack, etc and create some qualifiers, were the prize could be a discount or even a free entrance for the winning team, at their event.

Try to have shoot outs / playoffs every 2/3 months, that will make people active. For me, it is not fun to play a ladder if it doesn't have a playoff in the end. I can be in 1st place in the ladder beacuse I haven't played the best players in the ladder, but I can't be a playoff champion with out facing the best players in the ladder, or at least some of the best.

I think CSL has a lot of potential and can grow a lot if you get the right people on board, I really would love to see CSL in a few years with 16 or more country pages, with national qualifiers for the European Finals at some CSL LAN Event somewhere in Europe.

This is just my opinion. Best regards,

Lourenço.


Very nice detailed opinion. I think possible the only problem with alot of different countries sections is that it divides the current players up quite a lot. Instead of having 30 in the EU ladder, there will be 5 in each country ladder respectively.

What needs to happen I think is collaborate everyone together in 1 big ladder, and get activity booming within it. From there then tournaments with prizes etc could be played for the top 10/20 (depending on activity). A so called "Play-off" as you say. I think as many consoles games only last a year before a newer version is released, the "120 days #1" award isn't enough.

As you say, a team could sit at the top for many months, and get no reward for this, and lose interest.
@Lourenco: I think you mentioned some really got points like playoffs, the event thing and the National Championship.
Regarding the National Pages: The problem about having more National pages is that you need to have people who care for the site etc. There are just not enough players and admins yet to make more national pages. As you can see, even the SPanish site isn't working really well, although the community is huge.

What I had in mind is to offer country-specific or region-specific ladders (like a Spanish or South Europe Ladder). How do you like this?
1 edits
More cups for EU! Especially in the call of duty franchise...
If you concentrate on holding Decerto BO2 cups and tournaments even with minor prizes and advertise such competitions on decerto.net to spread the word, then it will more than likely attract new users, especially from the UK and northern europe. Lets bring the back the UK/IRL community there used to be here at consoles.net!
quote[TribaL]

If the matchmaker was made more visible, and was easier to see/accept matches, would you use it more?quote

surely...and i am just talking about the matchmaker, not other stuff.That means not comparing everything. I like Consoles very much but the principle of matchmaker is not developed enough.

You see how much succes "Versus" produce, the principle of "easy finding matches" !

Imagine: you go in the 1on1 ladder and find every matches undercategorized announced ... so easy.
So i have not to switch ladders to look about a match and i can see:" oh, there is a 1on1 snipe TD match; oh, there is a 1on1 S&D match and so on.

otherwise, i have to switch every ladder page an look in the matchmaker ...

1on1 MW2 Ladder:
Snipe
S&D
Teamdeatchmatch
M16
UMP
german
eu
and so on...

how many ladders i have to switcch ?

Sometimes i think, i wanna just play ... doenst matter m16 or TD or german or eu or or or

i put a match for 15o´clock in the TD match and put a match on 15:30 o´clock in the snipe ladder ... ups, the person in the snipe ladder had time at 15 o´clock and TD match is noone.

or i put 15oclock in td, in snipe, in ump, in m16 ... because i wanna play NOW
ups...2 person accept...shit, what i do now ?!

simple logic in the core of you concept of gaming is not regocnized.
I'll definitely forward your idea of an overview of matchmaker matches and to make it even ladder corssed
make ladders who only take 1 month, top 16 proceed to play offs, where nr 1 faces nr 16 etc.

You can also put a minimin of games they have to play in order to be able to participate in the play offs.

But ofc you need to have some prices then
nGl wrote:
make ladders who only take 1 month, top 16 proceed to play offs, where nr 1 faces nr 16 etc.

You can also put a minimin of games they have to play in order to be able to participate in the play offs.

But ofc you need to have some prices then


Yes, I totally agree with you and we will be having a similar system in our new A-Series coming up!

Go on like this guys. Your feedback is pure gold for us. Really liked your ideas so far. Hope we can get some more feedback.
VERSUS FIFA screenshot....

I have 20+ invalid/disputed fifa versus matches which i won.... I vetoed the match and provided a screenshot like this '' http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv235/xGaViiN/21062012746.jpg '' but i dont get the win??? The admin says this is not proof of a win. Why?

Change the screenshot/proof rules for fifa versus!
 
 
 
Information:
  • info write comment not allowed
 
  • 361 Users Online
  • 4.615.570 Registered Users
  • 2.019.960 Active Users
  • 994.555 Teams Total
  • 3.979 Matches Yesterday
  • 21.646.500 Matches Total
  • More stats
Searchtags

Consoles Sports League rendertime: 0.64s (not_cached) host: eslphp6